This company is New Zealand’s largest privately-owned hydraulic engineering company, with branches in Auckland, Christchurch, Taupo, Melbourne, Brisbane and locally-based representatives in Dunedin and Nelson. It specialises in hydraulic system design, specification and component selection, servicing and maintenance of existing plant and equipment.
It imports products from manufacturers in Europe, USA and Asia to support the local market.
The company also has a manufacturing division utilising CNC milling machines to produce hydraulic cartridge valve manifold technology.
Its goal is to be a successful business by providing the best product support, technical support and customer service in the NZ hydraulic industry.
Reporting to the senior project engineer, the position overview involves the design and project management of hydraulic systems and assisting with technical enquiries. The work is varied and ranges from component specification through to design and project managing the manufacture, installation and commissioning of large mobile or industrial systems. The team is looking for someone with a positive attitude to ensure all customer’s receive excellent service and support.
• Completing designs, quotes and tenders to secure work.
• Finalise designs and project manage jobs through manufacture, assembly, installation and commissioning. This will sometimes involve working alongside our in-house electrical team and managing service technicians working on jobs.
• Maintain good working relationships with clients and help negotiate resolutions when issues arise.
• Technically assist other staff within the wider company group.
• Occasional travel out of town will be required. This may include project presentations, commissioning, or other work as appropriate.
• Completing relevant training to maintain and build your own skill set.
• Good all round attitude and ability to get on with others.
• Strong technical understanding of hydraulic product, systems and application.
• Computer literacy with competence/experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and Solidworks.
• Some understanding of electric and electronic systems would be of assistance.
• Some hands on ability with regard to mechanical assembly, piping and hosing would be an advantage for some projects.
• Good communication and time management skills with attention to detail.
The hydraulic/project engineer needs to be able to design complex hydraulic systems. They have two dedicated hydraulic/project engineers but their workload is such that they need to be able to delegate projects.
Applicants must be able to read and interpret hydraulic schematic diagram, plans and designs.
The company will provide a suitable remuneration package appropriate to the applicant. The work environment is friendly, flexible and has a good team atmosphere.
While the above position description is the ideal, the company may consider someone who has come from a hands-on role, has developed some technical ability and looking to take this further.
It would consider what ratio of work the applicant does in the workshop/field compared to office based technical work dependent on their abilities.
The business has a group of companies and often opportunities arise for those with suitable attitude and drive to advance their career.
Due to NZ Border and Immigration restrictions because of the pandemic, you must have a legal right to work and live in NZ, i.e. a NZ Citizen, a permanent NZ resident or a current valid NZ Work Visa.
If this role sounds like you, please send a full and detailed resumé along with a covering letter of application outlining your abilities as it relates to this role.
Send to: email@example.com