This company is New Zealand’s largest privately-owned hydraulic engineering company, with branches in Auckland, Christchurch, Taupo, Melbourne, Brisbane and locally-based representatives in Dunedin and Nelson. It specialises in hydraulic system design, specification and component selection, servicing and maintenance of existing plant and equipment.
It imports products from manufacturers in Europe, USA and Asia to support the local market.
The company also has a manufacturing division utilising CNC milling machines to produce hydraulic cartridge valve manifold technology.
Its goal is to be a successful business by providing the best product support, technical support and customer service in the NZ hydraulic industry.
Reporting to the branch manager, the position overview involves managing a service team of three performing product repair through to manufacture, installation and commissioning of mobile or industrial hydraulic systems. The service manager will work closely with the engineering department.
As it is a small team the position will require hands on work.
The team is looking for someone with a positive attitude who can be proactive at ensuring all customers receive excellent service and support.
• To manage a team of three technicians.
• Co-ordinate with the engineering and sales teams regarding upcoming projects, service work and daily operation of the department.
• Quote and schedule jobs.
• Contact customers as required to provide progress updates, and to help maintain good relations.
• Review and process the department jobs and documentation.
• Help negotiate resolutions with customers when issues arise.
• Assist less experienced members of the team, and help them increase their knowledge.
• Occasional travel out of town, as required, to complete work.
Skills and abilities required:
• Good all round attitude and ability to get on with others.
• Strong technical understanding of hydraulic product, systems and application.
• Computer literacy with competence/experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Some understanding of electric and electronic systems would be of assistance.
• Hands on ability with regard to mechanical assembly, piping and hosing would be advantageous.
• Good communication and time management skills with attention to detail.
The service manager’s role is more hands on diagnostics, repair, installation and commissioning, staff time task management etc.
Applicants would need practical hydraulics experience re- repair, piping and hosing and good at dealing with people.
The company will provide a suitable remuneration package appropriate to the applicant. The work environment is friendly, flexible and has a good team atmosphere.
While the above position description is the ideal, the company may consider someone who has come from a hands-on role, has developed some technical ability and looking to take this further.
It would consider what ratio of work the applicant does in the workshop/field compared to office based technical work dependent on their abilities.
The business has a group of companies and often opportunities arise for those with suitable attitude and drive to advance their career.
Due to NZ Border and Immigration restrictions because of the pandemic, you must have a legal right to work and live in NZ, i.e. a NZ Citizen, a permanent NZ resident or a current valid NZ Work Visa.
If this role sounds like you, please send a full and detailed resumé along with a covering letter of application outlining your abilities as it relates to this role.
Send to: email@example.com